We are invited to participate in a USFW meeting on Saturday 26 September, 2020 from 10am-12noon (EST) 5-7PM Kenya Time. North American women will meet to worship and discuss with Kenyan and Congolese women, some in Africa and some who have emigrated to Canada and the U.S. One of the key organizers is Marian Baker, who visited us last summer and whose travelogue of her journey through African communities last fall was sent out to interested Friends in MMM as her voyage unfolded.
All are invited.
Zoom via this link
Saturday 26 September, 2020 from 10am-12noon (EST), 5-7PM Kenya Time
How is God calling each of us women to minister these days?
- 9:30- Informal gathering and greeting each other, assistance for those needing help on Zoom
- 10:AM- Introductions and brief devotion led by Marian Baker from New England YM
- 10:25- Panel of two women in ministry that USFWI supports
- Getry Agizah. Coordinator, Friends Church Peace Teams
- 10:55- Song from new Buffalo (NY) Friends Church (Congolese) as all participants stand and stretch
- Katrina McConaughey Programme Officer, of FUM in East Africa
- 11:35- Brief business- Make Northeast Region an official branch of USFWI or remain a loose knit group of Friends scattered around Northeastern North America invited together by New England YM?
- 12-noon- Finish the program
- Those who want to stay on to share informally are invited to do so.
- 12:30- Host closes the meeting
For more information
Gloria Thompson of Manhattan Mtg, NY, will be hosting us on zoom.
Please rsvp to Marian or Gloria to get the password.