Meaningful life: Quakers seek clear purpose
- We aim to be in touch with what is truthful, important, joyous.
- Each person is called to live differently.
- Our community exists to give us strength to live boldly.
An accepting community of equals
- We celebrate leadership but minimize hierarchy; we have no paid positions.
- Everyone, including children, may be a “minister.”
- No national organization makes decisions for Montreal Quakers.
Open-ended quest: Quakers don’t tell people what to believe
- Of Christian roots, the Quaker tree has many branches, from Christian to non-theist.
- We love Quaker authors but have no holy book, no articles of faith or creed.
- We seek loving, meaningful lives using any means that speak to us.
Quakerism is a running experiment
- Every week is unique.
- 400 years later, we’re still having fun.
- Most of us discovered Quakers as adults; we remember being a newcomer.
- We welcome you to join us in building a better world together.
See how a meeting works for more about what worshiping with us is like.
Learn why we call Quaker values our testimonies.