Come to the Spring Gathering of Northeast Region of United Society of Friends Women International: 29 May - 12:30-3PM. Via zoom.
The main speaker will be Jane Mutoro pastor of Donholm Friends Church in Nairobi- one that, before Covid, usually had 1500 Friends attending each Sunday! She’s a graduate of Friends Theological College in Kaimosi, Kenya and did her practicum in Samburu.
When she travelled with Marian Baker ten years ago to Samburu, she discovered a young girl had been named after her for her ministry in Samburu. She’s also a recipient of a John Sarrin Scholarship, a program run by USFWI, as she’s trying to finish a Masters degree in Theology.
The theme is “What is God leading us women, to do, once the Covid restrictions are lessened?”
Join women from NYYM, New England, Baltimore, Quebec, Philadelphia.
- Have small groups (some in English, some in Swahili)
- Explain membership and what USFWI has to offer women
- Appoint officers/ committees and representatives to USFWI Quinquennial -July 16-17
- Brief report from two Jamaican women about a project we support in Jamaica
- Decide about where to hold the next Gathering if some of us can visit Quebec or western NY
To register for the Gathering, use this link so we know how many are coming.
If you have any problem with the link, email Marian Baker or call 603-478-5650.